India’s government may add Lindsay Lohan’s name to the country’s immigration blacklist, UK’s Telegraph reports.
In December Lindsay went to India to shoot a documentary about sex trafficking on a tourist visa rather than a work visa. She might have gotten away with violating the country’s visa rules had she not caught the attention of officials by lying over Twitter about the number of children she saved by raiding a child labor sweatshop.
“Over 40 children saved so far … Within one day’s work … This is what life is about … Doing THIS is a life worth living!!!” she tweeted while she was there.
And: “Focusing on celebrities and lies is so disconcerting, when we can be changing the world one child at a time … hope everyone can see that.”
The raid was completed before Lohan arrived in India, according to the Telegraph. Activists who actually participated in the raid were upset by her comments and alerted officials. Her case is being reviewed in New Delhi and will be ruled on soon.
- Lindsay Lohan’s Stripper Pole Shoot On ‘Double Exposure’
- Now that’s Lo-cut! Lindsay Lohan wears a VERY loose denim shirt
- Lindsay Lohan is STILL following her ex Samantha Ronson around the LA party circuit
- Phuket raid nets Bt100k in smoking contraband
- Minister hopes court will help stub out the habit